The 2021 IEEE Healthcare Summit is complimentary for participation. Most of the events have been recorded for asynchronous participation with registration.
If you have already registered, you should have already received an email containing the access information for the on-demand sessions. If you have not yet registered but would like to attend asynchronously, please complete this form and you will receive access information.
On 12 March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the COVID-19 (COronaVIrus Disease 2019) outbreak a pandemic. COVID-19 has spread to more than 200 countries, territories, and international conveyances, infected more than 220 million people, and taken more than 4.5 million lives globally. The first annual IEEE Healthcare Summit was held virtually on 4-7 October 2021. This event aimed to report progress made in the fight against COVID-19, and in better preparations for future pandemics, through the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods and tools with Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI).
Congratulations To all Data Hackathon Award Recipients:
- Imaging Informatics: Yucheng Wang, Huiling Liao, Huaxing Ren, Xiaoning Qian. COVID-19 Diagnosis by Segmented Ground Glass Opacity Volumes in CT Images Using U-Net
- Sensor Informatics: Edmund – Grigoris Dervakos, Giorgos Filandrianos. ntuautn: IEEE COVID-19 Sensor Informatics Challenge
- Bioinformatics, Single Cell Sequencing: Seyednami Niyakan, Xiaoning Qian. COVID-Datathon: Biomarker Identification for COVID-19 Severity Based on BALF scRNA-seq Data
- Bioinformatics, Drug Target: Zhangdaihong Liu, Jingtong Jin, Chenyang Wang, Yang Yang, David A. Clifton. Protein Docking Score Prediction with SMILES Fingerprints
- Sensor Informatics: Huining Li, Xingyu Chen, Xiaoye Qian, Huan Chen, Zhengxiong Li, Soumyadeep Bhattacharjee, Hanbin Zhang, Ming-Chun Huang, Wenyao Xu. Star Ring of Jupiter: IEEE COVID-19 Sensor Informatics Challenge
- Bioinformatics, Single Cell Sequencing: Charles A. Ellis, Donghyun (Ethan) Kim, Martina Lapera, Max Liu, Abhinav Sattiraju, Carolina Urzay. Machine Learning Approaches to Predict COVID-19 Infection Severity Using scRNA-seq Data
Congratulations to the Winners of the Poster Awards:
1st Place: Felipe Giuste, Lawrence He, Wenqi Shi, Monica Isgut and Blake Anderson. Automated Patient Risk Assessment for COVID-19 Complications
2nd Place: Laleh Jafarpour Gharagouzi Mola and Judith Klein-Seetharaman. Predicting Critical Care and Hospitalization Need Among COVID-19 Patients
3rd Place: Juan Fernando Galindo Jaramillo and Ramon Adrian Salinas Franco. Training in Epidemiological Modeling for Unexperienced Students
*Most of the Summit activities have been recorded for asynchronous participation until December 31st, 2021. If you have already registered to attend the Summit, you will be provided access. If you have never registered before, please complete this form to participate and learn.
- 1 Oct. Sept. 2021: COVID-19 Hackathon
- 4-6 Oct. 2021:
Daily AI and BHI Community Building Networking
- Featured Session: Clinical Translation
- Featured Session: Meeting with Funding Agencies
- Featured Session: Diversity and Inclusion
- Featured Session: Meeting with EiCs
- 5-7 Oct. 2021:
COVID-19 Hackathon Finalist Presentation
- 7th October 2021:
Award Ceremony (Data Hackathon and Best Poster)
- 31 Dec. 2021:
JBHI Special Issue Position Paper